Monday, April 11, 2016

Boston Biennial 4-2016- #Latina: Reclaiming the Latina Tag


Atlantic Works Gallery

Boston Biennial Opening Reception


 Extending dialogue outside cyber space and having one on
One conversations with opening reception visitors. Maria and Rocio, both students, found it relevant to come and join me
And Reclaim the Latina tag as an extension of my paintings.
This is what Rocio had to say
"It was my first time going to an art exhibit and it was a fun night! I got to meet a lot of artists and new people. I liked hearing what the artist had to say about their artwork. It was interesting to hear what inspired them, how they did it, and what was the meaning behind the artwork. I enjoyed telling others what Reclaiming the Latina Tag was, and telling them what it really means to be a Latina woman. It was my opportunity to share my story of being a Latina woman."


No comments:

Post a Comment