Tuesday, October 18, 2016

How I uncovered my Puerto Rican History-Historical Identity Art Project


Excited to celebrate 1 year anniversary with MASS Moca/Assets for Artist Residency. I will be returning to continue my silk screen images on my Historical Identity Art Project.

The goal for this project is to conclude in remembering and uncovering a family member’s life, suppressed for three generations by fear. Created by The Colonial rule of the United States over Puerto Rico. I recently learned that Puerto Rico was not given an opportunity to fight for its Independence. The main character in the Independence movement in PR was Pedro Albizu Campos. In my experience he was often referred to as that crazy Nationalist. Little did I know or care to know and maybe could have never imagined what occurred in Puerto Rico in the 30’s and 40’.

Have you ever asked yourself: What is the relationship with the United States and Puerto Rico?
Who is Pedro Albizu Campos?
stay tuned for more details...

Vintage bottle from Manantial Las Palmas: Where I wan informed my great grandfather was the chemical engineer and many Nationalist worked.  Location Caguas PR.


My journey in Uncovering my Great Grandfathers relationship and participation with Don Pedro and the Nationalist Movement. Angel Ramos Torres life will not be forgotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment